Examines the use of Christian and biblical truths in counseling. The goals and techniques used to reach those goals are examined, as well as the differences between secular and Christian counseling.
Guarded Heart’s four year degree program is designed for Christian adults of any age and background who desire to serve in the local church at any level. All graduates of each degree program will:
• Know the Bible thoroughly.
• Interpret the Bible with sound exegesis.
• Understand the major doctrines of the Bible.
• Evangelize and disciple others at home and around the world.
• Counsel themselves and others from the Bible alone.
• Teach and preach for life-change.
• Think critically, according to a Biblical world view.
• Read, write, speak, and research with basic, college-level competencies.
• Recognize God’s unfolding plan of redemption in Church and world history.
Days & Times Of Classes
Classes for this program are offered during the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer terms for both Undergraduate and Graduate students.
Classes typically meet weekly through each term on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm and 8:10 pm to 9:40 pm.
Please refer to the Academic Calendar for exceptions related to the observance of holidays.
All degrees are earned through students meeting the expected course requirements. The trimester hours required to earn our degrees may be earned through a combination of studies offered at GHBC and the credit we allow for our religious training and religious life work experience.